Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: Playing piano for real vs. imagining playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An interesting blog:
http://eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.co...n-our.html

All the best,
Christina
THE CRUX OF MEMORY

The pictures of the brain working playing the piano and also simulating playing the piano are an ideal starting point for me to comment on how the brain is working.
The brain is inevitably the most complex organ.
The brain is obviously the most complicated part of the body that science will ever have to deal with. Superficially we can detect the parts of the brain Which are supposedly working whilst we play the piano, but I certainly do not consider an image of the outside of the brain to be realistic when we are concerned with such complications, science has told us that billions of small cells link with each other using chemical and electrical connections, why therefore should we consider a picture of electrical activity on the outside of the brain as a true image of what is happening in three-dimensional terms throughout the entire brain, within our eagerness to understand how the brain works we are constantly allowing ourselves to be carried away by the latest piece of brain research, in order for us to bring our feet down onto the ground when exploring the facility of the human brain, we must never forget that it works in total harmony, obviously it is extremely useful to consider the different aspects of the way the brain works, but finally we have to consider that brain works as one, and it is as one that we must consider how a young child or an adult captures and maintains memory.

It is my considered opinion from the evidence that I perceive around me, that the subconscious of memory, brought to bear in normal conversation providing us instantly with the words with which to make explanation or enquiry, illustrate a massive capability within the human brain, simply considering again that a small child teaches itself to speak by copying sound and associating that sound with meaning, gives some concept of the capability of the human brain, there is natural retention within the human brain of the images we see it throughout our lives.
The images which our important to us, we refer to within our imagination time after time and throughout our lives, those images are therefore clear within our imagination and we can consider those regular referred to images as part of our conscious memory, but when we consider that our eyes have being open and around 16 hours a day, recording everything that we have seen and done, recording in today's world multitudes of hours of television programmes it is clear that in education and thinking, we have too encourage the retention of the images which are important to us.

Apart from any scientific interest, as to what part of the brain is doing what we must consider what the brain is proving in total harmony.

Simply because we need to understand memory creation and retention, because of its importance within education.

Just as imagery and imagination are a vital part of memory, I consider human thinking to be image in action, image in action, not (imagination) imagination is the product of imagery we appear to only use it successfully, subconsciously only when we are asleep, or at least that is what we are most aware of.

Humanity is programmed to instantly utilise imagery to convey meaning from words. (IDEAS)