Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: Death to the SAT!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Early on, in the 1950s, Robert Sternberg flubbed IQ tests, and his elementary school branded him a loser. "As a result of my low scores, my teachers thought I was stupid, and I did too," he writes in his passionate new book, College Admissions for the 21st Century. "They never came out and told us our IQ scores, but one could tell from the way the teachers acted I was a mediocre student, which made my teachers happy because they got what they expected." In a "self-fulfilling prophecy," Sternberg performed a little bit worse each year. But he lucked out in fourth grade when a teacher "had high expectations for me." He got A's and altered his "entire future trajectory."[Image: cnn_education?d=yIl2AUoC8zA]</img> [Image: cnn_education?d=7Q72WNTAKBA]</img> [Image: cnn_education?i=R0LJPtnIrDs:BnhA9WQSGOs:V_sGLiPBpWU]</img> [Image: cnn_education?i=R0LJPtnIrDs:BnhA9WQSGOs:gIN9vFwOqvQ]</img> [Image: cnn_education?d=qj6IDK7rITs]</img>
[Image: R0LJPtnIrDs]

More...