Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: Genetics and the brain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The fastest evolving gene in the human genome may be linked to brain development: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/bein...n9767.html

Cheers,
Christina
Researchers have identified a large genetic deletion that is linked with mental retardation: http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/con...2006/817/1

All the best,
Christina
University of Oxford Professor Dorothy Bishop and colleagues say their study indicates genetics, specifically an unidentified combination of defective genes, are far more important when determining risk and that no single cause can account for all cases: http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryI...0410-2903r

Best,
Christina
OECD expert Wrote:The fastest evolving gene in the human genome may be linked to brain development: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/bein...n9767.html

Cheers,
Christina

How gene is involved in brain development .just share some document with us.
We cant believe it. Obviously we have no idea in that particular topic.
So please say in details.
:am: I love that type of document. I also try to share my ideas later..
I am under the belief that the brain lies above the DNA and the brain is what is changing parts of the human genome. Mind over genetic matter can be demonstrated using simple willpower experiments and a little imagination. For example, if we think about a tasty food and begin to get hungry, the hungry feeling can be traced to changes in neuro-chemistry. If we continue this over long periods, the transcription distribution-rates on these cell's DNA will alter to reflect the one sided potential set by the mind's demand for these chemicals. The brain may be a genetic based machine, but the mind is greater than the sum of its parts allowing it to tweak the machine.
Many years back I developed simple way to correlate human memory to geometeric analogies. It is a very simple model that has many useful applications. Before beginning, geometric analogies to memory does not define the way neurons are organized. This model is more like a tool, which can create a compact and portable system.

There are three basic levels of memory, which can be defined as 1-D, 2-D and 3-D memory. I will begin with 1-D memory. A 1-D figure is a straight line. Relative to memory these are linear memories with a one-to-one relationship. The easiest examples are the letters of an alphabet. They are what are and are not open to debate per se. Other examples of 1-D memories are facts such as Columbus discovered American in 1492, etc.

As we increase dimension to greater that 1-D, the straight line begins to curve. With respect memory, these are linear memories that have a slight curve or twist to them. For example, most words will have more than one meaning. The small child may be taught the word dog to distinquish their pet. This begins to fill their 1-D memory. As the child begins to notice that there are other things called dog walking around the neighborhood, the word dog begins to curve allowing their memory to increase beyond 1-D to 1+-D. The right hemisphere creates types, such as generic dog, pushing their linear memory above 1-D.

Thoughts above 1-D up to 1.5-D memories imply words taking on increasing levels of meaning. As they approach 1.5-D the range of possible meanings begins to reach a max. The word "set" has tons of meanings and knowing a bunch requires memory near 1.5-D. An interesting word is the "f-word". This word is considered obsene, but can be used to express a wide range of meanings. It is an example of a word memory that is actually close to 1.5-D. For the uneducated, they would have to memorize a wide range of 1+-D words to do the same thing. Its light memory load, plus its considerable functionality, is due to it being an example of higher dimension making it hard to resist.

The 1-D is a line, as its dimension increases, curvature is added to the line. At 1.5-D the line curves upon itself to become a circle. This little circle is the symbol of marriage in most culture. It is also the crown of the king or queen who is married to their culture. What 1.5-D and beyond implies is a circular form of meaning that contains subjectivity. For example, one may say my wife or husband, but this is purely subjective since you don't own the other person.

For example, at 1-D the little child sees "dog". As the child grows and learn about dog breeds, their memory approaches 1.5-D. But at 1.5-D this objectivity becomes married to personal subjectivity. For example, the child may say dogs are scary. They can distinguish all types of dogs, so they can know when to be afraid. Now all dogs take on this personal subjectivity that is not part of the species but stems from within their own subjectivity. This thought dimension is part of early ego-centricity where toy is mine or carrots are yucky, etc., It not objective memory but has an additonal personal subjective connection. It makes a human higher than a hard drive of a computer, which stores all the lower thought dimensional memories than 1.5-D.

If 1.5-D is a little circle as we increase dimension to greater than 1.5-D the circle begins to expand. What this represents is subjectivty separating from the individual and overlapping a larger social circle. For example, siblings may look at the older ones to set standards. Then the entire family of children will share the same love of a song. Going higher than 1.5-D represents an ability to extend one's personal subjectivity into the realm of a larger social circle. It is higher because it begins to enter group or team mentality.

As the dimension move from 1.5-D toward 2-D, the subjective affect overlaps larger and larger social circles. At 1-5-D we have a circle of one person with their personal subjectivity. As thought dimension increases, it becomes connected to maybe a small group of friends, who share a common subjectivity, i.e., class clowns. As we go higher in thought dimension, the social circle may be their entire grade in school, then maybe their entire school (school pride), then to their city, ethicity, nationality, finally at near 2-D the subjective circle becomes infinite and becomes the subjective circle called humanity. To overlap a larger and larger subjective affiliation takes more training and adaptation, which is why it is at higher thought dimension.

The range from 1-D to 1-5-D is language, facts and trivia. The range from 1.5-D to 2-D goes from singular ego-centricity to inclusion in cultural dynamics, with the most inclusive traditions at the highest thought dimensions. Here is the educational paradox, the stress on subjective uniqueness of the individual is actully keeping some kids from evolving their full potential. Such kids are typcially more hyperactive due to this repression. Their brain needs to move higher but they are kept at 1.5-D, due to parental and social subjectivity. This dams up their energy causing restlessness and compulsion.

At 2-D the infinite circle of subjectivity become an infinite plane. This 2-D plane is the plane of cause and affect or logic, with cause and affect being the x and y axis. Social and cultural subjectivity, such as traditions, although important, are not fully rational. They sort of work for a smaller group, but beyond that group they lack universal validity. This is why they are subjective and not objective. These are useful for building up the thought dimension. At 2-D where the subjective circle is humanity, this group is so diverse and expansive, no subjectivty can satisfy all. One holiday will not work for all. What works are objective things like family, an honest means to support a family, education, etc. At 2-D, subjectivity reaches its limit of usefulness, beyond that requires objectivity. A world tee -shirt will not make everyone in the world feel like they are on the same team. That will take objectivity.

The individuality at 1.5-D is too subjective. What I believe is, the consensus gut feeling of the need for individuality, is actually suppose to overlap at 2-D. If the child is rational and unique this implies the ability to reason out unique ways of looking at things, which we all can share for the common good. The individuality at 1.5-D is more personal subjective and makes the individual vulnerable to subjective fads and crack pots at say 1.75-D, i.e., pet rocks. The 2-D objective individuality is more resilent because they can see through 1.75-D subjectivity by being at 2-D.
Part 2:

When we reach 2-D thought, we enter the infinite plane of logic and using a cause and affect axis, i.e., x,y, we form logical relationships. Thought dimensions higher that 2-D can be understood as drawings on the infinite rational plane. Just like in art, drawings will use lines and curves. Relative to the model, rational drawings, at 2-D and above use 1-D memories, such as facts, as well as curved lines, i.e., subtle nuances of words, built upon the cause and affect axis of logic. As the drawings increase from 2-D they get complex usibg more lines, curves and more space on the logic plane.

Rational drawings reach their limit at 2.5-D to form a special type of rational drawing which is called a spatial image. A 3-D memory is analogous to a ball, which exists in 3-D space. The 2.5-D spatial image is a 3-D image of the ball drawn on a 2-D or flat piece of paper. It looks 3-D to the eyes, but if you try to touch it, it is evident it is an image of 3-D drawn on a flat plane.

Just like in art, to make something look 3-D on paper, one uses highlights and shadowing to create the illusion of depth. What this essentially implies is that 2.5-D spatial images not only use language for lines and curves but also memory from 1.5-D to 2-D, to help create subjective shadowing and highlights. A good example of 2.5-D thought may be a good historical fiction novel. It will use facts, language and logic to develop the plot. But it will also use the author's subjective imagination to add a little modern spice. The whole package could actually be quite compelling and appear to create a realistic 3-D picture of the events of that time.

A science journal may stick just to the facts and the subtly of language but will try to avoid adding subjectivity. This images are more flat and often not very compelling except to rational experts in the field. If it is fad science, they will also add subjectivity to help shadow it in pushing it to the 2.5-D rational limit. Many people may not bother checking facts and analyzing the logic lines. But they can subjectively feel the shadowing and will react to that, using their memory at less than 2-D. For example, global warming and human cause and affect, is not fully scientific since it ignors natural CO2, the affect of the sun, etc.. But the doom and gloom can be felt at less that 2-D, creating a way to subjectively relate and experience the 2.5-D affect. Cool objectivity is a little more skeptical, since it ignors conflicting data.

The memory from 1-D to 2.5-D is sort of like a bell curve. The peak of this bell curve is where the individual spends most of their focus. The bell curve will go from 1-D to 2.5-D, for all people, but the maxima can be anywhere in the middle. If it is less than 2-D one is more impacted by subjective shadowing, i.e., warm emotion. If the maxima is above 2-D, one will be more concerned with the logic and the facts.

There is a range from 2.5-D to 3-D. This is continuing education perfomed by the individual. It is not easy to teach. I call this range intuitive relief drawings, where the flat spatial images gain depth of understanding. Let me give an example, in US there are two political parties the Democrat and the Republican. Both can draw their 2.5-D images. Part of the shadowing to makes these possible is due to the denial of truth in the other's point of view.

From a logical point of view both contain truth but neither contain the whole truth. The whole truth is sort of an amalgom of the two. Although this composite is nebulous, one needs to stand in the middle, try to get rid of the shadowing, pick the truth in each, and then try to develop an orientation where the best of both are accommodated. The whole process occurs, initially at an intuitive level, where thoughts have yet to reach the light of consciousness but slowly come into focus. This openminded and objective approach can create intuitions that give the flat 2.5-D drawings more depth like a relief drawing. Even a simple compromise implies being able to exceed 2.5-D thought for that point. If you could reach the final solution it would begin to approach 3-D.

Here lies the paradox. An intuitive relief drawing by using intuition, relies on gut feelings that one needs to slow down to less than 2.5-D so they they can be expressed rationally. But spatial image at 2.5-D also makes use of feelings, but which are more subjective than the more more objective feelings of intutitive relief drawings. It is not always easy to tell one from another. As such, an ego-centric fantasy below 2-D can, on the surface, look like an intuitive relief drawing and vice versa. The affect in culture could be a good idea being resisted and a bad idea looking like it has important rational significance. Time sorts these out.

At 3-D, an intuitive depth of understanding changes into something that is universal that goes beyond reason. Using the relief drawing analogy, the relief drawing uses a rational or 2-D picture frame with the ball partially sticking out into 3-D space. At 3-D, one no longer needs the frame, since the ball is self standing and looks spatial from all angles. For examples, Einstein's E=MC2 is so simple and is 3-D no matter what angle you look at it. It is not a data point at 1-D, but a 3-D relationship.

The range from 1-D to 3-D is the summation of all our memories, the linear, the curved, the subjective circles, the objective planes, the spatial images, the intuitive relief drawings and the spatial. All humans have some memory within the entire range with the maxima anywhere in the middle depending on one's maturity and focus of life. This memory is passive. What animates this memory is another type of memory within the range from 0-D to 1-D and from 3-D to 4-D. These memories have a time element.

As one example, when we get hungry an instinctive impulse will occur that will focus our memory toward the needs of satisfying the hunger. When we are hungey we don't think about the weather. The hunger impulse requires specific memories to become conscious. This hunger memory will only play for a finite duration of time. While it plays, it narrows our focus to the needs of satisfying the hunger. Once this is done, the hunger memory shuts off. Hunger memory is in the range from 0-D to 1-D. Sleep is another example, lasting 6-8 hours each night. These also have simple geometric analogies, which I will discuss next time.
If 1-D is a line than 0-D is a point. As we increase from 0-D, the point will stretch into a little line. As we approach 1-D the line will become infinite. These lines of memory from 0-D to 1-D represent our short and long term memory, respectively. At 1-D these are the memories that last a lifetime, such as basic language and cherished memories. Memories less than 1-D last a finite duration of time, which gets shorter as we approach 0-D.

For example, a stranger,living in real time, in paradise would constantly marvel at the next object of beauty and would quickly forget what they may have just witnessed, due to the next marvel. This would be at the lower end. If we place what we see in the context of what we know, these memory associations, will help keep these memories conscious longer, moving the memory toward 1-D. The most dramatic things will be stored at 1-D, lasting the rest of one's life.

When students study for exams, many will cram their little heads with all the information. After the exam, there is usually a memory dump due to much of this information being stored in short term memory, less than 1-D. Repetition can be useful because it will bump say 0.75-D short term memory up a notch with each cycle until it can approach 1-D memory and stay with the child.

There is nothing wrong with short term memory learning. The memory dump frees up space so more data can be added. Over time, this is filtered so the working long term memory maximizes adaptation. A good analogy is a tank that fills with water, that has a leak at the bottom. We can continue to add water but will never be able to fill it. The long term memory is light, i.e., enjoyable, and will float to the top. Some short terms memories are heavy, i.e., cumbersome. These will sink and flow out the bottom. Over a lifetime, our tank fills with the light 1-D stuff that defines who we are.

Besides long and short term memories, the range from 0-D to 1-D also has a connection to instinctive potentials. The instinctive memories will play for a certain duration of time to help focus our memory to the needs of that instinct. The shortest duration instinctive memory is fight-flight which only lasts 10-15 secs. At the other extreme is sleep which typcially lasts 6-8 hours. Between sleep and fear (fight-flight) is desire. Between desire and fear is hate. Between hate and desire is hunger. Hunger desires food objects, which must be destroyed, so we can eat it. On the other side of desire; between desire and sleep is rest. Between desire and rest is love. Someone loves their new car. The initial romance has soften into a restful glow of desire.

I have not attempted to define the exact dimensionality to each instinct or degree of short term memory. That is open. My original model had the range from 0-D to 0.5-D defining biochemical memory, or chemcal events that occur at the biochemical level. I placed the instincts, starting at fear at 0.5, with sleep at 1-D. Short term memory I sort of placed beginning slight before 0.5-D since 0.1secs is enough time to biochemically pick up information at a subliminal level. The after-image needs to linger longer for it to become conscious.

The range from 3-D to 4-D also involves a time element. If 3-D is spatial memory, than 3+-D is spatial memory with a fourth dimension or a time element. This upper range defines the other half of instincts. Instinct, such as fight-flight, is not simply a biochemical memory. What it also does is integrate the body and mind, in 3-D, for the best response over the 10-15 seconds it is active. The brain time projects its analogous 3-D memory to anticipate the needs for survival, i.e., full mind-body response. The brain doesn't leave space-time, but extrapolate the 3-D memory into the future with the animal responding to the anticipated memory in a 3-D way.

A more human example is planning a trip. One has to project into the future to anticipate the needs of the trip. If one has never been to a particular place we may research it. With instinct the research library is already in the brain due to eons of evolution. No matter how much we research or plan, there will always be things we don't anticipate. So we need to improvise as the anticipated conditions change. The instinct does the same thing. If plan-1 is not possible, then it will improvise by adding sensory input to the 3-D extrapolation.

The range above 3-D can be understood as time projection, or the ability to anticipate and/or plan into the future, with longer terms planning higher in thought dimension. If one can plan their day they are using 3+-D thought. If they can anticipate to their death or one's lifetime, they are using 3.5-D (by definition). Beyond 3.5-D is anticipation beyond one's life. For example, Einstein created ideas that outlived him. Children and grandchildren help human anticipate and plan the future beyond their lifetime, i.e., legacy. If we extrapolate this to 4-D this would logically imply anticipation to eternity. Whether one believe in God or not, the very act of eternal anticipation can induce thoughts higher than 3.5-D. There are other ways such as physics and evolution.

If you look at the global warming debate, putting aside the science, at the very least it is helping the young people look further into the future, thereby allowing them to begin mastering thoughts higher than 3-D. Future anticiaption and planning is advanced. One also needs to make sure they know which hotel is good. That is also advance thinking.
:choc:

Great Stuff

:dazed:

Hi Mark i am obsessed with the right, the necessity, the method, and the development of a common approach, that will enable every child, to develop their written and mental understanding of the symbols and sounds used in language in order that brain development will not inhibit any individual from developing their individual higher level cognitive ability.
may we be told more about your work?

Thankyou for sharing your concepts regarding memory.

Confusedunny:
This brings up the next part of the discussion, which is connected to the two hemispheres of the brain. The right hemisphere is far more collective and common to all humans, while the left hemisphere is far more individual and differentiated to a particular culture. The left hemisphere is more analytical-differential, while the right hemisphere is more spatial-integral. The left stores the details, while the right puts these details into 3-D memories. A good example of this hemisphere contrast is color. The left hemisphere will differentiate various shades of yellow and give them specific names to distinguish them, like sunshine yellow, lemon yellow, etc. The right hemisphere lumps all yellows into a 3-D memory, called yellow. The left by labeling a specific case of yellow allows a group to be on the same page with respect to a subtle distinction. The right has the advantage when encountering unknown shades of yellow. It will lump undifferentiated yellows into its 3-D memory class and can help us classify the unknown.

For example, although a child may not know something is called sunset yellow, they will know it is a type of yellow due to the right hemisphere. We teach them a very specific name via left hemisphere learning. The right hemisphere will group similar things indendant of language or culture. The Chinese child or English child will see the same thing via the right hemisphere. The left hemisphere is where divergence occurs because of language. One universal language may solve that problem but that is not very likely to happen.

The 3-D memory of the right hemisphere is analogous to a 3-D ball. The left hemisphere is more planar or 2-D and uses lines (words) and curves (subtle meaning) to form drawings on planes of rational understanding. The left hemisphere can approximate the 3-D ball, if we overlap many rational planes, at different angles, intersecting at the same origin. In the case of the unknown yellow, the common origin is the 3-D yellow class. Because of hemisphere interaction, the 3-D memory can generate a drawing onto the left hemisphere. The two hemispheres, i.e., 2-D and 3-D, when overlapping, can create the feeling of 3-D or spatial conviction for one’s left hemisphere 2-D approximation. For example, someone may lobby hard for the color to be called Latino Yellow, which popped into his or her head, i.e., right hemisphere to left hemisphere. There is no rational reason for this particular name. But the conviction of the lobbyist can be compelling enough to set the new cultural standard. The conviction is due to the overlap with 3-D. This gives one the feeling of 3-D or universal validity to something differential in the left hemisphere.

The intuitive relief drawings use the same type of dual hemisphere processing. The range from 2.5-D to 3-D begins with many rational planes that have a common center. These are consciously placed in the left hemisphere through reading, learning and open-mindedness to many points of view. The 3-D right hemisphere transfers some of its 3-D affect into this matrix to create additional depth of understanding. The many rational planes are an approximation of the 3-D, so there will be open zones between the planes, which are part of the 3-D ball, but which do not intersected any of the planes. The 3-D memory will help fill in the open areas, at an intuitive level, adding depth to flat planes.

For example, the carpenter learns rational skills for building a house. During rehab type projects, the carpenter will often encounter new situations where he has little direct training or experience. Based on the many rational planes of their experience, an intuition will appear in this gap between these conscious planes. This can generate the idea that allows the unknown situation to be overcome.

There is reciprocity between hemispheres, with the left feeding the right and the right feeding the left. The right feeding the left is connected to the creative process, where 3-D types, output differential aspects. The left, via education, creates new classes of differentiation, which can become the center of new 3-D types in the right hemisphere. It can also add data into an existing type to increase the data density in 3-D.

Using the example of yellow, the collective left hemisphere, i.e., social education, can point out new yellows that the individual may not encounter in their normal life. Through education one gets exposed to all this extra data, to better fill in the 3-D yellow class. At the same time, yellow experts, will attempt to simply this ever-broadening category, by setting up sub-classes such as orange-yellows and green yellows. This can create two new 3-D yellow classes in the right hemisphere. The advantage of that is that each of the two 3-D balls is now less data dense, allowing further subtlety to appear.

There is another important affect. Consider the situation where a new 3-D class is created through left hemisphere learning. In this case, the left hemisphere data that is entered into the 3-D class is subjective. What you get is a 3-D ball, which is not solid, per se. Instead one gets a 3-D ball, which is spongy, with the subjectivity being the holes. For example, the gods of mythology were rational-subjective explanations for nature and human nature that formed a 3-D class. The rising of the sun was explained subjectively as a god riding a chariot. Time projection of this 3-D class will occur to fill the open spaces. But education of the day would reinforce the open subjective space, such that any extrapolation of possible rational relationships would be explained, instead, in terms of their subjectivity. This caused the myths to gain left hemisphere detail, without helping to fill in the holes in the 3-D memory. The result is a constant creative process.This gave the gods of mythology a subjective life of its own due to the continuing creativity caused by the subjective repression that would not allow a solid 3-D ball to form.

Let me give you a modern version of this that has an impact on education. This is connected to the current theory of evolution which is based on selective advantage. If this is extrapolated to culture it almost defines competition with the gifted children dominating the lessor students. There was a shift away from competition to level the playing field but it does not necessarily self motitvate the lessor students. Many are left on their own personal mytholigical loop of negativity due to this orientation of science.

Here is a different spin on evolution that can help motivate such students by filling in those holes. As way of an example, the prebirds were not born with selective advantage but with selective disadvantage. The extra arm flab that would become wings, someday, made them slower and easier for predictors to catch. Because of this selective disadvantage they had to work harder to survive than if they didn't have the pre-wing. Eventually they learned to climb trees, rocks and hills to give them a safe place from preditors. But still the preditors found them. Many had to jump from their high perches to get away, suffering injuries or worse. But finally one day a pre-bird was forced to jump off a high cliff and he began to fly. On that day its selective disadvantage became a selective advantage.

Evolution and selecitve advantage has become a 3-D type, but it focuses on the strong, with weakness a victim or food object. This other scenario if added to the existing one, i.e., other side of the coin, is sort of its inverse that favors the odd duck. Together more students can share a positive attitude toward their role is social evolution. If you look at Einstein he was considered slow in school. The reality was his mind was working too fast for the lower dimensional education of the day. Eventually he was able to fly and the rest is history, i.e., literally.
I would like to extend the model and discuss personality software. This is a modernized term for what Carl Jung called the archetypes of the collective unconscious. The archetypes amounts to 3-D memory organizations within the brain, which are genetic based, and appear at birth, which define our collective human propensity. Animals have their own archetypes, which characterize the behavior of a particular species. The term personality software is more inclusive than the archetypes and can accommodate synthetic archetypes that are not genetic based. This 3-D software is time projected, giving rise to personality dynamics that are above 3-D in thought dimension.

Before beginning I would like to say a few words about Carl Jung. He was the star pupil of Freud. The two of them had a parting of the ways and Jung went off to develop his own orientation of psychology. Jungian psychology is actually right hemisphere psychology. The more popular orientations, used today, are more geared toward the left hemisphere. Left hemisphere psychology uses left hemisphere techniques to improve cultural adaptation. Jungian psychology is more geared toward right hemisphere techniques, which is not yet in demand.

Jungian psychology is heavy with symbols. Symbols are compact-dense memories. Whereas signs, are more proportional in density to the language that make them up. Signs are the choice for left hemisphere psychology. For example, as a sign the Statue of Liberty is a monument in NY harbor. But as a symbol, it represents concepts of liberty, immigration, etc., Symbols are sort of like popcorn. They start out like signs, but can quickly puff up if you think them through. Symbols are the language of the right hemisphere, since the 3-D memory is very dense-fast and therefore requires a dense-fast language, like symbols, to translate its memory output.

Many of the symbols in Jung's writings come from middle age Alchemy. For example, the symbol mercury was personified as a serpent with its head analogous to Christ and the body analogous to the devil. In essense, what the alchemists were doing were setting up to two rational planes, overlapping a common center, so they could generate intutitive relief drawings. They didn't have objective footing, like we have today, so this process generated subjectivity. The fact that intuitive relief drawings were appearing before the Age of Enlightment seems to imply that ancient people were right hemisphere orientated. The alchemistists were working downward from closer to 3-D. The alchemists were part of the final transition that shifted the consciousness into its modern left hemisphere orientation. Their intuitive relieif drawings, although flawed helped set the rational framework, from which the age of enlightment would appear, i.e., reverse engineering. Their premises were bad but their reasoning was quite good using those premises. After the age of enlightment began the shift into the left happened rapidly.

The ancients used both hemispheres like we do today, only the right was more conscious to them, i.e., gods of mythology, and the left played more of a support role. They were less educated and more living in real time, with constant projection into the left, from the right, making their world mythological, compulsive and creative. This is controversial, but Christ was the dividing sword that appears to have signalled the shift from right to left. After he appeared Rome starting to decline, leading to the dark ages. Consciousness was shifting into the strange left hemisphere, which caused culture to go into stall mode. It would be like if today, conscious shifted back to the right, people would have a difficult time coping with such fast memory processing until you got used to it. Logically, the next step in conscious evolution will be a balance between the hemispheres, where consciousness can consciously go into either side of the brain and benefit by the strengths within each side. Brain scans show this, but little of the right side is actually conscious to be consciously balanced.

Let me give an example of personality software in action. The easiest to see is the software associated with falling in love. This is not something the ego can will to happen. It sort of happens by chance. But when conditions are right, 3-D software is time projected to create collective human dynamics that involve passion, love, emotions, imagination, etc. with compelling affects. This software is one of those spongy 3-D balls. On the outside most people can spot when someone is in love, which is connected to the solid aspects of the ball. But at the same time, the gaps allow love software to be tailored to the uniqueness of two people in their place in space and time.

The reason I needed to develope thought dimensionality theory, i.e., previous discussion, was so I could plot various types of software, in action, so I could distinguish them. For example, with falling in love, we have biochemical memory between 0-D and 0.5-D, as well as instinctive memory within the range 0.5-D to 1-D. We also have a time projection higher than 3-D, which is outputting subjectivity to the ego somewhere between 1-D and 2-D. The exact positions are open to debate.

There is a range of software. Each will tend to output within a particular left hemisphere range and often have a characteristic emotional or instinctive output. Some will output pure subjectivity, while some will output in the rational range. Some make spatial images and some generate intutitive relief drawings. All start out spongy, but that can be partially filled in with objectivity.

The reason the software are spongy is indirectly connected to the religious concept of original sin. I am not getting religious on you; here is my logic. Original sin was connected to eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It amounts to law. If you look at law there is the good side and there is the bad side to any law. The right hemisphere essentially places half of the law into one 3-D organization, i.e., good, and the other half of the law into a second 3-D organization, i.e., evil, due to the emotional valence attached to each side of the law. But all laws are not objective, many are subjective. The left side can learn good that is bad and bad that is good, depending on social standards. But the right hemisphere puts them where they belong relative to these two 3-D organizations.

A good analogy is labelling a shade of yellow. Even if we call it purple, the right hemisphere will group it with other yellows. So when someone looks at the new "purple" the right hemisphere will not cooperate with a feeling of conviction because it knows it is yellow, due to the optic signal being very specific and giving off yellow. Law was neccesary for the needs of culture and left hemisphere, but law does not always add up in the same way within the right hemisphere, due to subjectivity below 2-D.

So say someone falls in love, due to the software. The natural output, which is neutral because it is 3-D. Consciousness, adds subjective data to the software, while it is dormant, i.e., making the software spongy before it ever acts, i.e., childhood training. Once it does at, it is also filtered through our subjectivity making some actions indecisive while other may become overly decisive. This is not to say all law creates a problem; objective law coordinates the hemispheres.

Let me give the classic example of things gone astray. Prohibition type laws will create temptation and self righteousness, because they are subjective to a culture and not collective human. Say we came up with a prohibition thou shall not eat oranges, they are now bad. The ego within the left hemisphere can be trained to learn this law. But the right hemisphere will see oranges as a good fruit and will put it into the good pile. Those who now become compulsive, do so, because they feel the right hemisphere conviction, it is good, creating a conflict with the letter of the law. Unconsciously they are tying to do instinctive good leading to addictive behavior. Those who continue to avoid oranges, to be left side good citizens, will eventually hook up with the place in the right side where not eating oranges is stored, which is the dark pile of law. They can also become compelled to help reinforce their right hemisphere choice. The result is angy self righteousness which can get cruel.

Before the prohibition, oranges were only stored in the 3-D fruit pile, with only a connection of the spongy hunger software, leaving room for human subjectivity, making some like it and others not. There was no collective good and evil dynamics going on. Once oranges get attached to law, backwards, the social dynamics will take a turn for the worse because it hooks up with a different set of software, that is like unnatural instinct. If the law association is correct the transition will occur will only minor blips. If tension esculating, the law is backwards and the wrong software has been unknowingly induced. That is the litmus test. Learning about the software can be helpful to rational leadership.

For an economics point of view prohibitions are useful. They create a lot of jobs. It will create a lucrative black market. It create more jobs in law enforcement, justice, and legal. And it also create medical, self help, therapt jobs to get rid of the compulsion that was created. In terms of social affects it is very negative. If leadership is driven by greedy or ambition type software, which are both subjective, 1+1 may equal 3, so it is subjectively good to them. If enough people are below 2-D, let the games begins.
This aspect of the discussion is more connected to some neural anatomical considerations. If you look at a neuron it has two types of branching processes stemming from the cell body called axons and dendrites. The axons will output cations, while the dendrites will input cations. This can be seen at any synapse. Relative to the outside of a neuron, the axon is at a higher positive potential than the dendrites, which is why positive charge will go from axon to dendrites and not the other way around.

If you look at a single neuron positive charge goes down the dendrites tubes, so to speak, it migrates through the cell body and exits out the axon. The axon fountain spills over with positive charge creating a countercurrent flow of positive charge on the outside of the neuron, which slowly flows back to the dendrites for recycle. The external potential between axon and dendrite directs this current flow from higher to lower potential. When neurons interact at synapses, this surface charge flow is important, since it helps the dendrites reset the membrane potential by assisting the local ion pumps. In other words, ion pumps can't always keep up with the fast cycle rates of synapses. The exterior current loop help pick up the slack. With the neuron loop always working the external current is always ready.

If you look at the brain as a whole it uses the same basic schema. The cerebral matter does most of the neuron firing with many axons bundled going toward the core of the brain. The cerebral is loosely analogous to the lower potential dendrites, while the core of the brain is loosely analogous to the higher potential axon. Besides the bulk cationic current, inside the neurons, going from cerebral to thalamus (center), like the neuron, there is also an external currrent on these same neuron bundles that flows from the higher potential thalamus back to the cerebral. For example, during the creation of memory, a sensory input will fire neurons in the cerebral. This flows to the core. A backwash flows from the core though the limbic system, to assist memory storage, and then back to the cerebral for the final memory storage.

If you look at brain waves, what happens is the cerebral matter is bulk firing in a cyclic fashion. What this essentially does, is fire all our memories, while also creating a constant backwash from the thalamus region, back to the cerebral, which will overlap this global firing. The ego, which I will define as the center of consciousness, is a result of this dual combination. It is a blend of the thalamus potential backwash from the constant firing, which is induced overlap the matrix of all our memories, which are all firing. What this creates is a higher than cerebral potential phenomena, which by being at higher potential, will need to flow down dendrite tubes to lower the potential. Essentially, the ego stirs the higher potentua thalamus backwash and in doing so will saturate lower potential cerebral dendrites, reinforcing the firing of particular memories. An analogy to the thalamus backwash is like water from a hose. The ego is a bucket that is constantly filled. Through will power, we decide which tubes to pour the water down for recycle.

If one's brain waves stopped, one is brain dead. It essentially removes the constant firing of all those memories that define us. It also removes the thalamus backwash. If the brain waves return, our global memory fires once again while reestablishing the thalamus backwash, allowing the ego to stir the current down dendrite tubes of our chosing. The ego is a unique type of personality software, which is time projected all the way to the death of the body, and therefore is always on. Other personality software use this same general schema but are designed to be temporary.

The thalamus backwash has more current than the ego can use. The reason this is, our entire memory is more memory that we can use or focus on at any given time, such that its global firing will produce more current than the ego ever needs. The extra thalamus current will flow down other dendrite tubes to create the complemetary position of the unconscious mind. The thalamus can also focus this excess current into personality software. When personality software is made active, many of these will create strong dynamics, such as falling in love. These often require increasing the brain wave frequency. This faster firing will further increase the current to the thalamus and the magnitude of the backwash. This allows enough current for the ego as well as the energy intensive needs of some of the software.

When a particular software is active, it current budget is flowing down its connected dendrite tubes in an attempt to lower potential. As these dendrites fire, they remain in ion pump reversal longer, i.e., time average. This will increase their potential with the ego. The result is the ego's current will have a stronger potential to flow down the same tubes. For example, if the hunger software is active it will flow down food memory tubes, i.e., dendrites-synapes. We can use will power to focus our current down other tubes, i.e. reading. But eventually the software current will get stronger pulling some of our energy budget down the same tubes due to the higher potential created. If we go along, we can further reinforce the software by creating an esculating potential. This allows us to use the power of the instinct to feed our piehole.

The thalamus has extra current left over that it uses for others things. Some is used for the body, some will help forward integrate our memory, some is used for software, etc. The thalamus distribution center is what is called the inner self. Part of the inner selve's backwash goes though a natural distribution chain on its way back to the cerebral. This is sort of analogus to a personality software juke box.

If you look at neurons, branching into smaller and smaller branches is indicative of increasing surface tension. A good analogy is oil and water. These will separate. But if we beat the heck out of the two, the oil bubbles will get really small, defining higher surface tension. It is beyond the scope of this discussion, but neuron branching into tiny branches is analogous to increased surface tension and increased potential. The axon will always be higher than a dendrite but both by branching is implicit of the average of the two increasing. The thalamus backwash or the ego's higher potential both have this impact on neurons. It makes them also go to higher potential resulting in more branching. The brain is quite simple but quite amazing how it all line up.
Before I proceed further, I thought I would talk a little about the method I used to develop this theory. I consider myself a generalists. This orientation began with my education as a chemical engineer. This is the most broad science education one can get, since one needs to know a little about everything in science. I like to dabble throughout the range of knowledge, expecially at the frontiers. What I have done, over the years, is sort of work in a spiral. I begin at cosmology and physics and attempt to find simple ways to explain complicated things. I reach a certain point, until I get bored, and then change directions and begin to look at the living state from the ground up; chemistry, cellular and multicellular. When that gets boring, I begin to focus on more the humanistic things, such as the progression of human consciousness via history, psychology, philosophy, politics and theology. When that all gets boring, I go back to the beginning. My goal is to get everything to line-up and become consistent with adjacent areas of knowledge.

During a next pass, I will not read anything I wrote previously, but will redevelop everything from scratch, so I don't carry any bias beyond the basic things that seem to stick with me. Changing subjects keeps me fresh and allows me to put other things, on the back burner, sometimes months. When I return, I have fresh eyes and new constraints, since the alignment will now be dependent on things I learned in other areas of science and knowledge. For example, when I studied the mind and then returned to physics, I began to realize, that because physicists don't understand the mind, they often project into their theories. This may explain why there is so much divergence. Mother nature doesn't have mulitple personalities for the fundamentals of matter, but physics does. Even the idea of mutiple universes was already done in religion, but since most are often aethiest they are unaware of this fact.

The specialists, in each area, know a lot about a narrow range of knowledge, but are often unaware of the bigger picture, which can set constraints that they may not be able to see. After about twenty years of cycling, with a few years off here and there, I have tried to make sure things line up with the big picture. But many of the evolving results were not in alignment with the vision's of specialization.

I would like to give a visual analogy for the problem that specialization can create, because it becomes detached from the wider picture of reality. Say we have a photograph. Specialization is sort of analogous to a spotlight that will shine on one part of the picture, allowing us the bright light needed to zoom in to look at all the details, but only on that section of the big picture. When we zone in on this picture, we see a woman, who appears to be a dancer. Because we are close, we notice anguish on her face. We also notice she is wearing bargain-mart sweats, since we are close enough to read the label. Based on that spotlighted data, one may logically conclude she is a struggling dancer that is practicing. This may be her last shot a stardom, with the look on her face suggesting her dreams about to come to an end.

Next, we open the stoplight's lense to wider angle and pull back so we can see more of the picture. The light is more diffuse for details but we can see more of the picture. We now notice that there are other dancers. Some are stretching, while others are smiling and talking with each other. Based on this broader but less detailed focus, we may conclude that our dancer is not just practicing, but she is now at a dance tryout and she is in anguish because the competition is fierce. The other dancers look more relaxed and are probally better dancers.

Finally we open the spot light angle the entire way so we can see the entire picture but with even dimmer light, so only the big things are visable. Now what we see, is not a try-out in some two-bit theater, but it is on the stage of a major dance theatre. We also notice that our dancer is being yelled at by a renouned dance coach. The reason now, she is in anguish, is that she is the prima dancer and her coach is pushing her, so she will be at her best for the upcoming performance.

The basis of this example is to show when one narrows their focus, even with solid detailed data and solid logic, one can conclude something that has little basis in reality in the bigger picture. If a person who saw the big picture, was to suggest to the first team, who assumes she was a struggling dancer, that she is the star dancer, they would assume you had to be wrong, because of their data. Because the long view can't see that details so well, this would be hard to argue. Why would a star wear bargain-mart sweats if she can afford designer? Maybe it is her good charm or her connection to when she was hungry. Nonsense, she is struggling and that is that.

It is hard convince specialists of the view from the big picture, even those who specialize in the mind, since they are unaware that there are practical limitations associated with their specialized view. If you look at the mind sciences, there isn't even a good theory of consciousness and by the number of self-help books and orientations, one would have to conclude that minds science are suffering from a type of multiple personality disorder due to too many spotlights (and limelights). I often want to give-up, but I always find renewed hope. So I make another pass up the helical staircase, with the assumption that maybe I left something out. This 20 year cycle up the helical staircase has allowed to getter closer and closer. This diffuse perspective is why I don't present specialty data but try to explain things in broad terms. I like to use analogies because they often say more with less effort and makes it easier to jump between specialties. The goal is to paint the biggest picture, so the specialty focus can look at their data in the broadest context.

One area where I have both a broad and focused view is connected to my theories for how to model cells in one variable, i.e., hydrogen proton. I am a good chemist who saw conceptual inconsistencies with genetic theory and was trying to prepare the next alternative. This new orienation can make investigating the brain much easier. But genetic theory is dogma that is firmly entrenched due to specializaton. DNA actually plays a very important support role. The DNA is the harddrive of the cell but the hydrogen proton is the CPU.

The funny thing is the hydrogen proton model of the cell and thought dimesionality theory appeared twenty years ago. My inability to reach others with either, back then when I greener, is what forced me down this spiral path. I even gave up a good career. Neither have changed much since the beginning. These were my aces in the hole but for some unknown reason I preferred everything else. They were already settled, in my mind, and got boring too fast. Working alone at the frontiers for twenty years takes it toll. But on the bright side it also generated much of the data of the creative mind, for my consciousness theories. I had to learn about the brain from the inside out. That's a different story.
I would like to look at the inner self and software in the jukebox. The playing of particular software is assisted by two affects, which can act independantly, or together. The first is the blood supply and the second is the cerebral spinal fluid (CSF). I will begin with the blood supply using an example. If one becomes angry certain changes in the body will occur. The blood pressure and the heart rate will increase. The brainwave frequency would also increase. There will be more muscular tension in the body and the focus of the ego or the center of consciousness will become more linear, to the thought scenario connected to the anger.

What is essentially happening is the hypothalamus, which is a small neural mass in the center of the brain, alters the blood supply via a series of glands. This cascading blood composition is pumped throughout the body, by the heart, creating changes within many cells. This new blood composition will also be pumped to the brain. The higher brainwave frequency which results, due to this new blood composition, changes the global potential of the dendrites causing them to fire easier-faster. This increases the thalamus backwash, with some of this current going to the heart to increase its pumping rate and blood pressure. Much of the backwash also goes into the muscles of the body causing them to become more flexed with tension. The thalamus may also put a nickel in the software jukebox to induce related software to help discharge the extra potential. The software will discharge its share of the extra backwash current down natural memory tubes associated with the needs of anger.
This selective firing lowers the potential of these dendrites due to time average firing. This will pull some of the ego's current budget down these same tubes. If the ego also uses some of its current budget to thought process, outside the software, one classic result can be the angry fight associated with a heated discussion of politics or religion.

One of the tricks for dealing with anger is to count to ten. What this essentially does is force the ego to shift its current budget away from the waterfall down the instinctive tubes of the anger software. With the percieved ego threat gone, the thalamus will stop the hydothalamus discharge. The body will gradually clear the blood supply, allowing the brain wave frequency to return back to a restful steady state. This lowers the thalamus backwash going to the heart, blood and body, allowing the person to relax. Under these new blood conditions the ego has more control over their backwash budget allowing them to change the discussion into something more civil.

If you look at neurons these have the highest membrane potentials of all cells, with their exteriors having the highest positive charge density. The blood on the other hand, is slight alkaline or slightly negative. Just the pumping of the blood, into the brain, is constantly creating a potential difference with neuron surfaces, with the blood having the affect of trying to lower its positive charge. But the positive charge is stuck on the surface of the neurons due to the neuron's own inner potential. Going down the dendrite tubes moves the neuron surface potential in same direction that the blood is trying to induce, i.e., less surface charge. But neurons recover quickly, restoring the potential with the blood. The perpetual neuron firing via brain waves, is sort of a perpetual gesture to the blood potential. If the heart stops, so does this gesture. The inner self, via the hypothalamus, can tweak the blood and alter the potential between the blood and the brain, to get more or less bulk neural firing dependant on the instinctive needs. For example, if a realtime threat is percieved, through sensory input, the thalamus will tweak the hypothalamus to get the blood cascade going, to prime the body and heart, and to increase its own backwash current. Once this occurrs, it wll put a quarter in the jukebox to run survival software.

The other trick the thalamus has up its sleave, to subtlely alter the backwash current, so it can play other types of software within the jukebox. The brain is bathed in cerebral spinal fluid (CSF). Through the limbic system, also in the center of the brain, chemicals are released into the CSF, which can alter the potential between the CSF and the neurons. These potentials are far more subtle, than those created via the blood, and are associated with, and percieved, via emotional potentials. The senations we get in the heart, due to emotions, are indicative of the lower thalamus backwash, flowing into the body. Such body sensations gives us sensory cues to help us differentiate the various emotions. Although the CSF circulates, its chemical addition clears up much slower than the blood. For example, during a heated debate one may lower their anger but may harbor lingering feelings of resentment. This sort of reflects the two clean-up rates, with the blood clearing up faster and the CSF taking longer to clear. If we combine this slower clean-up rate of the CSF with its lower potential, the result is subtle software that lingers longers.

The blood potentials are stronger and create far more thalamus backwash potential. Much of this goes into the body and is able to produce output affects that are easy to spot from the outside. One can tell when someone is angry because the thalamus output to the body will affect voice, body language, etc.,The CSF potentials are much lower and often don't create a lot of superfiscial output. They are often something felt by the individual with subtle superfiscial clues, if any. This often create problems in relationships with one person hurt when the other can't read their feelings, i.e., there isn't enough superfisical output.

The difference in blood and CSF potential has an important implication with respect memory. The stronger output signals, stemming from the blood potential, implies more neurons are firing faster. Although this will increase the thalamus backwash current, because all the neurons are firing more frequently, their time average surface potential, will move some neurons in the direction of lower potential. This implies branches shrinking. The stronger software current, sort of makes up for this, but in a localized way. The result is a shift toward memory specialization. In other words, neurons out of focus of consciousness, will lose branches quicker, with higher blood potentials. While those in the focus of consciousness and the software will gain branches quicker, resulting in a shift toward more specialized memory.

The weaker potentials associated with CSF potentials have the opposite affect. The bulk neurons are not firing as fast, on the time average, so there is less potential to lose branching. The trade-off is less thalamus backwash potential, using much more subtle software. The result is less memory specialization with a broader spectrum of retained and/or related memory. Typically both blood and CSF potential work together, with the inner self periodically cycling through the range of software so an optimum time average compromise is reached. The ego, via will power and via the needs of culture, can shift the natural balance in one direction or the other.

When memory is created this is assisted by the limbic system, which adds an emotional-instinctive tag to the memory. When a particular emotional-instinctive potential occurs in the brain, memories with a similar tag will pop up to more readily. For example, when we are hungry, images of food appear. One does not begin thinking about cars when they begin to feel hungry. The food memories pop up because these memories had been stored with a hunger potential tag.

Because of this limbic tag, thinking about a memory can also induce the related potential to become active, i.e., thinking about tasty food can make one hungry. For example, I may have just eaten and the hunger software has stopped. But if I see a tasty dessert, because this sensory-memory has a hunger tag, such that thinking about it can reinduce the feeling of hunger. This second induction is not connected to a natural cycle, but is an aspect of ego will power, which allows us to use the natural memory tags to tweak the hypothalamus and CSF potentials and thereby affect the inner self backwash. If one became distracted, the more subtle hypothalamus induction would end. Typcially, the ego needs to keep focusing the memory to build up potentials.

If one is obsessed with food or dessert, the potential can get cyclically reinforced to where hunger software can become induced. This affect is connected to the ego's current budget, which I will discuss, next. The ego has X-budget of current. The ego's focus or obsession on the one cake memory, is not enough tubes to disappate the ego's current budget. The result can be the inner self inducing related software to help get rid of the excess current for the ego.
I would like to discuss the ego's share of the thalamus backwash current. When neurons fire globally, during brainwave cycles, the output signal from the memory is global and not specific as it flows to the thalamus.The global current to the thalamus contains all our memory possibliities.The thalamus via the backwash current is what induces a particular software. The software, connected to a particular brain potential, creates specific filter-output by reinforcing specific memory organization. This will add some specificity to the forward current helping the software come more into focus. The result is a cascade type affect where the software begins very generic and gradually comes into focus, allowing the extrapolation of memory.

As an example of memory extrapolation, say one had only had two memories in the brain, one called white and the other called black. With paint one can mix white with black and make gray. In the brain, the simultaneous firing of white-black creates an ambiguity with respect to either memory. The inner self, via the software, uses the ego to help settle the ambiguity. It will assist the ego via projection of the ambiguity into the environment or imagination, to create a sensory expectation. This helps the ego notice gray in the envionment, to forfill the requirement of the ambiguous dual memory. Through the ambiguity and ego focus, the creation of memory is able to occur through natural channels, physcially adding the gray memory to help settle the original ambiguity.

Let me give an example of the entire affect described in the two above paragraphs. When hunger begins it is every generic and may first appear only as the stomach growling. This gets the body and software primed, with the software gradually coming into focus for a conscious need to eat. Ego focus makes the needs of eating more specific to the time of day and which type of meal one is more likely to eat. If the compulsion is not too strong, the hunger associated memories may begin to extrapolate. One may have an impulse to mix mustard and mayo, as a change, on their sandwich. This creates a new tangible memory association, for the future. The extrapolation is a hunch connected to a sensory expectation of something new to eat, which is not yet stored in memory, but which is a logical extrapolation of memories already present. A pregnant woman, coming up with strange food combos like pickles and ice cream, may seem odd, but satisfies a natural extrapolation via pregnacy software, which needs the chemicals in both at the same time, i.e., blend of lactic and acetic acids, for example.

The ego's current budget is allotted so the ego can help the inner self create tangible memories for its extrapolations. Part of this current budget naturally goes down the software tubes to create awareness of the dynamics associated with the software. There is also additional amount of current for ego focus in reality or the imagination so we can help add memory to help fill in the extrapolations, via sensory expectation and our interaction with reality. The next time the software is active, it has more memories and can extrapolate further, because of the help of the ego. If the ego doesn't help, but uses it current budget in linear ways, the software can only develop so far, but will continue to extrapolate from that restriciton, by taking opportunity presented in circumstances. For example, a person may only like to eat one type of food. But under the circumstances of going to a party, where food X is not available, they may have the impulse to try something slightly extrapolated, adding new possiblities to the software. Lets consider a unique circumstance that almost appears to be getting more common.

What would happen if the ego's current budget was to increase all of a sudden. The inner self decides to give the ego 50% more current than what the ego had. The ego now needs to dissapate 50% more energy, within circumstances, where this extra 50% is not really required. What will happen is the inner self will assist the ego by kicking up extra software to help the ego use the extra energy budget. That software could exceed the neccessities of the former life, creating possible adaptation problems for the ego. A very similar affect would occur, if a normal ego current budget is not fully used, due to repression. In this case, the inner self may also assist with software to help uses up the ego's extra current budget.The first case may look like an adaptive person that is very restless or somewhat compulsive. While the second case would show a lower level of ego adaptation with very similar outward symptoms. The observation that many children are getting more hyper and losing attention could be due to either an evolutionary bump up in the ego's current or the result of social or personal repression. The drugs used to treat hyper kids and the results help us see which is which. Someone with repression would become more zombied. While someone who has recieved an increase in ego current, would shows signs of improved adaptation. Assumes the drugs lowers ego current.

If you look at the memory, higher dimensional memories imply more complex memory organization. For example, rational drawings above 2-D make use of clusters of memories between 1-D and 1.5-D all at the same time. As such, movement toward higher thought dimension offers a way to use more neurons at the same time, thereby allowing one to disappate their ego current at a higher rate. Multi-tasking with lower dimensional memories can sort of do the same thing, but tends to reach a limit quicker. Stronger software inductions can also help, but with blood potential can create memory specialization, which can result in the ego getting more dynamic but also more linear, i.e., addiction.
I would like to present some of my earliest mind research. This research was a repression induction, with my normal ego current budget being dammed up. The imagination was used in lieu of normal cultural outlets, which help one use this extra energy, extrovertly. When I was younger, I was repressed and adapted by using my imagination to suppliment reality. The repression kept the imagination active. After graduating from university, I decided to overcome this and got involved in psychology and some therapy. The eventual result was self actualization, with my ego budget much better connected to the needs and joys of culture. After reaching self actualization, the whole thing seemed anti-climatic. This training had opened a new awareness of the mind and I felt that there needed to be more than just being normal. The next logical step, I figured, was not to be just normal but to see if it was possible to go further, beyond normal. That is when I got involved with Jungian psychology. Jung talked about collective human propensity or innate things common to all humans, which apear to be what stirs the fate of normal people. I figured learning about these things would teach me about the powerful driving forces behind human nature. Back then, I was under the subjectivity that this additional learning process would lead to higher human potential.

What I had learned from the previous corrective psychology indoctrination, was that the unconscious mind could set up a counter position to the ego. With Jung, the goal was to try to differentiate this unconscious counterposition into what he called the archetypes, i.e., personality software. I used the writings of Jung to help me know which software was suppose to which. In retropspect, this may have primed and expanded some of the anticipated software by adding data to them. What started as a hobby become more and more of an obsession, with the result my ego current was getting more and more dammed, with the affect the software was become more active and differentiated through self observation and study. At the same time, the needs of career, my relationship, having fun, would allow me to remove the repression, so I was able to create a balance between opening the repression and closer it up. This made the process take longer but it was probally healthier and allowed me to remain rational.

After several years, I was able to differentiate the software through dreams, active imagination, and self observation, in conjunction with the collective writings of Jung. I was basically social normal, but eventually developed a sensitivity and awareness to particular Jungian software and their induced sensory expectation. For example, if I happened to become aware of a bird flying to the left, in reality, I would treat it like a symbol from software extrapolation and would try to analyze it like a dream symbol. Jung called this synchronicity or meaningful cooincidence. Just the process of honoring the software with this synch-expectation seemed to make it more interactive.

This phase of the research reached a peak, when I got so sensitive to software activity, I started to detach from reality more frequently. I was always trying to be aware of the software, so I could gather data. The amount of data seemed to be increasing quite rapidly and would require more of my time and attention. This was starting to cause me to repress reality, which was probally the reason for the cascading affect. I was still functional in my normal world of career and relationship, but became increasingly preoccupied because I was conscious of the stuff going on in the background, which is usually ignorred. A transition eventually occurred, which was outlined in dream. The transition actually began two months after the dream. In this dream there was a ring of light and fire (software output from 1.5-D to 2-D). As I looked a man, then a woman, jumped into the ring and merged with it. Next, I heard a scary voice say "when you have entered the ring it shall be complete". When I heard that voice, I got terrified and tried to wake myself from the dream. This was possible, since I had learned to become conscious in dreams. When I awoke, I had a halucination of the walls of the bedroom breathing and the evil presence was about to enter my apartment. My body sort of split with my animal side in shear terror. But the rational scientist side of me was tryng to be calm and objective so I could observed the data. What came to mind was to say some prayers, since my rational side couldn't calm my animal body. This seemed to work allowing me to become calm, so I was able to fall back asleep.

This was a strange time. For the next 3-4 days my personality felt like it had been shattered leaving me in a gray funk of anxiety. A synchronicity happened to help me out. Over the trim on top of my front door a scareb beetle landed that first morning. It was a symbol for protection to keep the evil out. It remained there until the fourth morning, when I awoke and was finally back to normal. I remember going outside to see my beetle buddy. When it saw me it stretch its wings and flew away. After that I had no fear of going into the next phase because I felt I had a sword (reason) and shield (prayer) to help me deal with any type of irrational output. After that nothing as frightening ever occurred. The beetle synchonicity may seem odd, but I had dozens of such experiences, so it was par of the course.

In retropsect, my research had created a type of repression-dissociation, which has been the goal, so I could differentiate the various software. But it created a situation where the dissociation stuck, with my ego's current budget being used by a self perpetuating software dissociation. The research took a turn for the better, about two month after the dream, when the inner self started to wean me off the software and break the repression. The inner self created a type of reintegration game, it had oulined in the dream. The best way to describe it was a type of software distillation. The inner self would induce software puzzles or interactions, that outputted below 2-D, i.e., man (ideas) and woman (feelings) merging with the ring of light and fire. I needed to become objective and separate myself from the affects, while still allowing them to play. I would need to solve these puzzles using both rational and irrational means, with their complexity increasing as time went on. If a puzzle was solved correctly, it would end and I would get an dose of endorphins as a reward pellet. Then after a few hours to few minutes another puzzle would appear. The final result, after about 4 months, was the software stopped and my ego was restored back without much in the way of repression. I stopped my reseach after that because it had been long, difficult and dangerous and nobody really wanted to learned what I had discovered. The whole process also seemed to boost my ego current. This affect appeared connected to my needing to add more and more projects to my life, to compensate for the boredom I was starting to feel, in what had been my normal life. With all this extra stuff added. I felt really forfilled. It was probably the happiest time of life. I will talk about round two the next time. Things got really hairy.
hi Marc M

Thank you for opening up more information to your personal background and your exploration of yourself where else can individual understanding come from.

I very much like your concept of EGO and the glimpses of hormal efect on the mind that you are sharing with us.

I have been looking at farms in France for a week with a Friend with no computer, i have just read your latest comments and wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

:choc: I have found many intresting aspects of human mentality within these Forums and will for ever be gratefull for the shared thinking of Rob and Geoff and now yourself.

Just tell us more
we are old and need to record our individual ideas for the consideration of others How old are you Mark.

Thankyou :autumn: just keep it comming

:detective: my best to all ------John------ Confusedunny:
I would like to continue with my unconscious mind research story, part 2. I had spend about three years differentiating and reintegrating the personality software, with the reintegration process happening naturally and spontanoeusly. I was exhausted when it was over and had gotten sick. My saying during the reintegration process was "eternal vigilance was the price of liberty". It was almost a 24/7 process, with the software puzzles creating subjective connections with my real life via projection overlay and compulsions. The process was often active within dreams with the dynamics sometimes continuing when I awoke. After it ended and I finally felt rested from my exhaustion, which took about a month, I started on an upswing of positive feeling. I stopped the research in my mind and chalked it up to experience.

Over the next six months, my creativity began to increase. I was no longer content to just learn new things. but I felt this new need to extrapolate and improve on ideas, with my own two cents. It was during this time that I developed the seeds for thought dimensionality theory and my hydrogen bonding model for the cell. This is where the second round of repression began. I was rational and intuitive and could see these new connections. But I was doing stuff, out of what was considered out of my formal education as an engineer. The experts in these fields wanted nothing to do with either theory, because they assumed I had no credibility in these areas.

I was still young and full of pride, so instead of kissing butt, I would attack back pointing out conceptual inconsistencies with what they were doing. This sealed my fate closing doors. I got all bottled up stuck in the mud. The eventual result was another round of repression. This time I had a higher ego current than the first time due to the software adjustments. During the onset of this repression, I believed the unconscious research was done and history. So I was no longer vigilant or objective when the software become active. Instead I allowed myself to merge with the software because it seemed to compensate for my repression. This merge resulted in me starting to make bad choices, such as quitting my job and burning bridges, so I could devote full time to theoretical science.

Things took a turn for the worse, because of allowing myself to merge with the software. What the software did, was point out conceptual inconsistencies within a wide range of science knowledge. It did this by focusing on cornerstone theories. Cornerstone theories are basic assumptions on which entire branches of knowledge rest, like a house sits on a foundation. I am not going to get into this, but will give an historical example of the affect. When it was determine the world was round instead of flat, this disrupted the Middle Ages house of knowledge.

This one change created a domino affect where everything started to come into question and be challenged until the Middle Age house of knowledge collapsed. This was necessary to allow room to built the house of knowledge connected to the Age of Enlightenment. In the microcosm of my mind, my world of knowledge collapsed due to appearing to find cracks in cornerstone theories. The affect was partially rational and partially irrational, but the net affect, was that I became free floating, without my rational scientific mooring. That cranked up the repression causing stronger and stronger software to become active to use up the ego current. I became obsessed to write what I called integration theories. It was my first pass, to see if I could connect the range of knowledge using the big picture instead of the specialist approach.

This is where it gets very controversial, but this is what happened. One of my integration projects, before I lost my mooring, when I was still rational, was to see if I could integrate bible prophesies, since that is the outer bookend of knowledge. The software sort of gave me a hint on how to proceed. At the end of Revelations, there is a warning not to add or take away anything. Instead of seeing this as a warning, I saw it as a hint. What I needed to do was outline the bible of everything prophesy, and using only these quotes, put the pieces together like a puzzle. This was a logical way not to add or take anything way. It was relatively easy, because of my extensive knowledge of collective human symbolism from the writings of Jung and my own research, previously. What resulted was a story, which I had finished just about the time l lost my rational mooring. What the software did was use the symbolism of this prophesy integration as a way to express itself. The initially strong software was connected to an anti-christ character with my personality often merging with it. This may have been a compensation for being on the outside and angry. A counter software was active at the same time, which was more faithful and understanding. The two activing together sort of gave me an ends justifies the means type mental state. Luckily my external situation took a turn for the worse, not allowing me to take root in culture. Instead, I lost even more environmental control further increasing my repression. The result was that the two software split and became distinct. To make a long story short, after that I was doing my best to tread water in story seas, trying not to drown, while all the software seemed to have a mind of its own. Over about 9 months the software followed, more or less, the path of my prophesy integration story, until, I finally emerged at the end. Then the software stopped.

One shouldn't read too much into this. Rationally, prophesies is full of symbolism which the language of the software. My repression induced the need for the software. While the software became programmed by my obsession to put all the prophesy pieces together. To know which piece goes where, I had to think like the characters, i.e., profiling, thereby reinforing particular software due to uses unconscious hunches or extrapolations from the software. Prophesies has it own story line, sort of a battle between good and evil, which may have created the polarized software. All humans are little of both with the polarization in me, waging war against itself. I tried to side with the good side, since we all know how the story is suppose to end, i.e., common sense. One aspect that was quite compelling, was near the end. The dynamics induced a huge memory dump, i.e., erased a wide range of memory. It did this by changing the emotional valence of memory. Memory that had been seen as glory days, which seemed good, but were still fueling the dark software, all of a sudden became conscious as such. In one day, a different emotional valence became attached to these with brain potential increasing drastically, i.e., debranched. The dark software become deactivated and seemed to take these memories with it down the tubes. It took many years to be able to remember some things but now I see them in a more rational way.

When I came out of the software drama, I was different. My ego current had gotten real low. It may have been a safety mechanism, so even if I repressed, the lower ego current would not allow enough excess current to induce more than very subtle software. It was like I had the ego current of a child and I needed to build the current back up gradually. That build-up was slow, because I was trying to maintain what I had gained, with repeating the mistakes of the past, while needing to go back a cultural state which seemed passe. Because only subtle software was active, I was able to filter through my theories and get rid of a lot of junk that had been connected to stronger software. I also felt a need to build a bridge to science, by relearning the same knowledge, which been disrupted when my world of knowledge collapsed. I was also trying to adapt in culture, as a man with the emotional maturity of a child. There isn't really a place in culture, for such a man, except manual labor. I was always athletic and didn't mind physical work, because it was an honest days pay, which interacted me with others, and payed the bills. Life was simple, until about three years ago when I started to get very restless. My ego current appeared to be rising again. I moved from Massachusetts to Florida to see if I could begin a new life. This was fine at first, but it eventually caused me to repress, because I was still stuck in a time-warp for someone my age. I ended up with another menial job that is also physical. I needed to start to write again, to give me an outlet for my extra energy.

This writing cycle has been different, in that I have done most of my writing on physics, science, theology and now educational forums, making about 2000 posts in about two years. This has given me the feedback and the exposure to other ideas, so I could build better bridges. But lack of opportunity has caused my personality to remain within the time-warp, making me self conscious and ill prepared to interface with others in the science commnuity. Lately, I have had the urge to repress the writing and see what happens. I keep going back to the writing because the alternatives don't seem to add up enough.
I would like to go back to the personality software. There are three basic levels. The lowest level is connected to human instinct. The middle level are software connected to human and social relationship. The highest level are software connected to relationships with ideas and meaning.

All three levels of software appear designed to be interactive and will gather data via interaction. The lowest level is designed to interact with the environment or nature. These may be similar to what humans had before civilization began to form. Culture has induced modifications, since many of our instinctive needs are being met through culture. One no longer has to hunt for food. Instead we use the grocery store of the fridge as the environment to gather food. Hunters stay a little more primal with some even using primative weapons to hunt.

The one instinct that connects the lowest level to the middle level is sexuality. It is an environmental interaction leading to a basic human relationship. For example, a hunter can live off the land, alone, but human sexuality requires some basic social interaction with another human. The other instinc that connects the lower to middle is connected to birth, which is also natural instinct. This lead to the basic instinctive relationship between mother-child-father.

The middle level software is connected to human and social relationship and requires human and social interaction for the software to gain data. The lower aspect is based on intimacy and the family relationships. The base is two person love intimacy and then the family. This gets even further extrapolated into cultural relationship, where one's interactions are social and often defined by culture.

Since higher level software is more advanced, the highest aspects of the software can influence how lower aspects are programmed. For example, older cultures may define the roles of men and women in relationships thereby defiing the type of data that can be gathered during intimacy. It may define sexuality in terms of marriage, children in terms of their roles, the types of foods and food preparations used to satisfy hunger, etc..

The highest level archetypes are connected to interaction not so much with people as with ideas. This software interacts through learning, thinking and imagination. The lowest aspect is connected to the ideas of culture and learning, where cuture sets the constraints on the type of data this software will gather. For example, a highly religious culture may limit what one can learn or the data the upper software can gather, to ideas connected to their religious teachings. This can then influence the upper level social, intimate interactions and instinctive relationships. The trickle down results in a type of collective social programming.

The highest aspect of this third level of software goes one step further and is not limited by cutural norms or standards. This is more connected to the modern idea of free thinking. This aspect is what helps generates new idea for culture. In the ideal world, new ideas trickle down from this aspect of the upper software and affect the cultural thinking, which then trickles down to impact the middle and sometimes lower level software. The is culture and its members evolve their software.

This is the natural layering, with trickle dow, from any higher layer, suppose to help evolve lower aspects of the software. But this is not always the case. In some cases, lower level software influences higher levels to create regressive affects. For example, the sexual revolution helped with human sexuality but at the expense of the dynamics of human intimacy, i.e., misfired programming. While ideas about the nature and limits of sexuality have distorted natural sexuality in exchange for bizzare social rituals.

The three levels of software are programmed throughout our life but there is no guarentee all the levels will be optimized or end up natural. Part of this has to do with the human tendancy to specialty optimize. For example, a polititian can optimize their upper level social interaction or middle software by staying in office. This provides social interaction at the highest levels of human contact maximizing upper middle. But this could take its toll on their intimacy software.

The dictator may enjoy being at the top of the middle level social heap. He may make selfish laws to maintain is power. From that position of influence, one naturally assumes the highest level is operative. But in this example, the trickle down output actually comes from the needs of this upper middle level, regressing culture with irrational bad laws, which can damage the software within the entire culture. Someone like the biblical King Solomon was outputting from the upper aspect of the highest level, i.e., wisdom. His trickle down into culture made his culture extremely progressive. The people and culture were all functioning on all cylinders. After he died, the top of the pack became somewhere between a dictator and Solomon, causing the cultural and indivdiual software to regress.

There is a twist to the triad of software. The three levels of the software are different in males and females.

rajagiri

thanks for your information