Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: using abacus one is an infallible method of teaching any child to count first and re
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[SIZE="7"]
using abacus one is an infallible method of teaching any child to count first and read perfectly
[/SIZE]

:tourist:

:pcprob: [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="7"]WHY?
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="7"]
No One can learn to read perfectly with out a perfect step ladder, Abacus One will provide that ladder for every child on earth in their own language.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"]
My finger map

system one 4 every 1 showing your own child every step of the counting road

every mother can teach naturally every child can learn naturally this is the counting road to reading
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"]Use

my finger map

To show your own child that two thumbs up represent Mr five and Mr six as soon as your child can speak

[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Black"]One two three four five -----six seven eight nine ten
1 2 3 4 5------6 7 8 9 10
I I I I I---- I I I I I
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]
Creating a daily my finger map,this step is a daily step, you show your own child every day, draw around your own fingers and your child will draw around their own fingers. You write the numbers on your nails your child will write the numbers on their nails. You write the name of the numbers above your fingers, your child will write the name of the numbers above their fingers
you create your own finger map your child will create their own finger map keep a folder of your maps your child will love the folder of their own maps

Tap Your fingers on the table from one to ten

, you will hear the musical rhythm
1 --- 2 ------ 3-4- 5 ------ 6 ----- 7--- 8- -9--10
when the maps have been absorbed start showing your child how to count at the speed of light creating three sums by random subtractions from the two fives, then adding the two totals together

“a sum a second”

which is in fact three sums a second

every day take your child through the show me exercise
show me one show me five show me all five
show me six show me ten show me all ten

Slowly your child will recognise those four concepts we use to describe a number, spoken numeral written and finally the physical meaning

[SIZE="7"]my fingers[/SIZE]

is the first of three maps every child needs to perfect their use of.

[SIZE="7"]Abacus one[/SIZE]

is the next map they have to perfect, depending on the age of the child and the amount of lessons given before the child is able to dispensed with Abacus one, could be anything between six months and a year.
For an adult familiarising themselves with Abacus one simply run through all the times tables adding up slowly each number, initially ignore the writen number and count the Abacus remember,

that exchanging 10 singles for a block of 10 or vice versa is the principle of Abacus use

you will master this as you count through each of the tables upwards, and perfect it when you count down 12 from 144

this realisation will be dramatic to you but extremely valuable in allowing you to teach your own child.

Counting out the times tables upwards and downwards is a dramatic learning process to an adult

but over a much longer period your child will develop perfection in visualising the count of every number from 1 to 12 12 times
setting the Abacus up is done by vocally telling your child what number to start with they will soon read the numbers rather than count them once they become aware of the numbers,

start with easy sums and developed the child's ability slowly do not break the ten to start with, but you will be able to show your child how to break the 10 when they need to be shown it. Using Abacus one needs demonstration to begin with but regular Association with it will develop the mind of any child bringing capable visualisation into their mental arithmetic.

The third map I am using is

[SIZE="7"] Nicholson's counter[/SIZE]

or sometimes I call it the [SIZE="6"]Abacus one map[/SIZE]. It is something I made for India where I taught a dozen young girls who went on to show Indian charities out use the Abacus one map.

In India I illustrated it by using the stones, place seven stones on the seven zero`s count down to 7 on the right-hand column, then add another seven by counting on words.

Count three more for the new seven hold it up in your hand with your arm stretched upwards and then ask

“please MR decimal give me 10”

simply move your second column stone onto the number written 10. You will then have established the means of utilising this counter as abacus.

We do have a very complicated game to use this counter with, which we call chance encounter, but you will be able to initially devised methods of teaching visually, by utilising this third map, for instance by placing two stones on each column you can bring about a continued number of 10 in five different modes.

Then for instance illustrate how three stones on each column will build the number 9,999,999 explained to your child that when the totals of any number added together like this one 7x 9 equals 63 showing that when the (sum total) of numbers are added together and they are divisible by three means the larger number itself is also perfectly divisible by three,

You can illustrate this with seven counters in three colours by the time you get to this stage both you and your child will be becoming mathematic experts. This same rule is correct when used to check six and nine, three obviously goes into either of these two totals division checks as well.

Any healthy woman in the world even without the ability to read will be able to teach her own child how to count efficiently using these three maps, this system of arithmetic can be utilised in the reception classes in every English school, and be reinforced of course by the parents every evening.

After learning to count efficiently every child we have taught has proceeded to be able to read quite easily provided of course our seven systematic steps in reading are also carried out in the prescribed manner.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"]“Repetitious Reading Of Memorable Sentences”

[/SIZE]
“

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="6"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]
Repetitious reading of memorable sentences”. This is a description and title of my home reading training, an educational resource specifically for training your own children to read. Part 2 of
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Navy"]System One 4 every 1

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

By the time your child is three years of age you will be developing conversations with your own child, this enables you to start formally educating your own child, first of all utilising the arithmetic capabilities that you can develop using system one for everyone. Teaching arithmetic based on three visual pro active maps and the exercises that flow directly from their powerful teaching abilities, Abacus One I claim is the most powerful teacher on earth.

Golden Rules 4 system one

My fingers is a daily repetition map of the child’s own fingers of course parents make their own map but the child will need help, when we repeat any activity we are benefiting from previous short term memory, therefore in a class room or a child’s own home daily short time activity can easily build into perfect permanent memory. IN YOUR HOME OR GOOD CLASROOM NO CHILD should STOP ITS 15 minute lesson, Fifteen minutes of essential perfecting of each step in system one is vital until perfect. When the map is perfectly repeated for a week without assistance, it can become a regular weekly exam.

The exorcises I describe as a sum a second need to continued daily for three months for five minutes. Abacus One daily use can start just as soon as the parent can demonstrate it perfectly. Parents training; starts by counting all times tables up, and then reversing that count, starting with subtracting twelve from 144. Class room assistants are where we should start in training Abacus One teachers in our primary schools.

Abacus One is a valuable addition in any arithmetic teaching program. Stick with the golden rule fifteen minutes a day (every day) building a perfect memory of arithmetic process, children using it who cannot read will learn to read every word on it perfectly. The recognition of the counting words will be picture perfect, arithmetic process is being absorbed without pain, the daily sessions with abacus one, will build permanent visual maps of how sums are being solved as they grow naturally harder, children following the sum a second lessons are building further arithmetic awareness, developing their personal abilities, understanding the visual manipulation is being absorbed easily, as the sums being set get harder.

Over a million different arithmetic sums can be created with Abacus One with only one thousand one hundred and eleven possible answers.
The British government has very wisely adopted synthetic phonics in order to ensure that British children are eventually equipped with something that will guarantee reading ability by the time they are seven and eight years old.
System one 4 every 1 envisages parents utilising the three maps which will guarantee perfect arithmetic understanding, regards building any child’s capabilities in arithmetic, allowing the child to understand sums to the level of one or more million, we can teach any healthy child how to write 11 million before they are five years old.

Our first map “my fingers” shows the name and number of all the fingers, that will build into your child`s mind a perfect understanding of the name number and meaning, of all ten fingers. This is then followed by a rapid counting exorcise “a sum a second” That you create with your fingers. This develops your child`s visual mental adding ability in preparation to using our major mathematics resource, the second map, “Abacus One”, this simple abacus enables every child to learn perfectly all the processes involved in arithmetic.

“Abacus One” is designed for a three year old to be used for a year, at the very least, the older a child is, the quicker the child or an adult can mentally achieve everything that Abacus One illustrates perfectly. Repetitious reading of this abacus ensures that every child will recognise as a perfect picture memory every word on it, the sounds that are created from the syllables used in the counting words can be explored with your child to build reading memory. An abacus one map will illustrate counting to eleven million.
With a regular fifteen minute session, your child’s progress through arithmetic will be outstanding, illustrating the perfect abilities that can only be achieved by children of that age with the benefit of home teaching, we should then be able to have them reading memorable sentences before they are five years old as well.

Let us look at the natural intelligence of the three-year-old child, they are already gathering words on a daily basis, forming sentences and understanding the meaning of many words, even during the time they could not speak clearly they are obviously understanding the verbal meaning, of many of the words, that their parents are using.

The fantastic steps that the child is making in language when they are around three years of age, relate directly, to their new growing ability to make the sounds they have been listening to since they where born.
By the time your child is three years old, its curiosity and its urge to learn are at their highest levels, my research has brought back my recommended starting date, from the fourth birthday to the third, when numbers can usefully be introduced to your own child, you will have already seen that I recommend number learning in pairs, as soon as your child can speak it can clearly show us holding two thumbs up and then saying Mr five and Mr six, this establishes a permanent memory of Mr five and Mr six for the all of your child’s life, laying out our front feet for fingers are only our evolutionary heritage, relating back to our four original legs, human fingers have evolved into the most important working tool we have.

Simply because we are looking at them without awareness we never realise how important they are in doing everything that we have to do as a human being. Once we have realised how important they are to count with especially so when we have identified the name and number of each finger, introducing fingers in pairs ensures that the child does not mix up the numbers, so naturally our second naming of fingers, is one and 10 we can of course introduce the game continually of Mr one and Mr 10 when we are starting to bring our children to early recognition of finger names. We cannot and you should not try with a very young child to name all the fingers at once.

Even when you are building up number awareness with an older child or even the adult that cannot use numbers starting with Mr five and six is still perfect, then identifying one and 10 our obvious continuation from that. Your next perfection needs to be three and eight by putting hands together as in prayer the middle finger of each hand is usually the longest finger on each hand and pressing three and eight together we can already identified six fingers easily.

From my research I believe that this is enough to perfect the child's natural realisation as they are building up the number names themselves, something you may not have realised is, that when the fingers are pressed together each of the combination of numbers represent`s 11, so you can identify quite easily the addition of all the numbers from 1 to 10 by expressing 5x11 equals 55,

you can ensure that your child can add one and nine together to create 10, two and eight together to create 10, three and seven together to create 10, four and six together to create 10, showing that you have used all the numbers except five,

this is a perfect time to illustrate that two fives create 10
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Start to introduce numbers to your own child as soon as they can speak,

this is a very important educational exercise, your child will be for ever grateful but even more demanding of further knowledge.
Simple chanting is extremely important for young children to enable them to extend memory easily, tapping individual fingers and chanting the numbers one to 10 will build up your child's awareness quickly.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"] You do not have to do everything every day but if you build up a special time to teach your own child to count and read, not only will it prepare your child for those special times, but it will form a relationship directly between child and parent in most cases the mother, allowing you to stay slightly ahead of your child's learning ability.

Utilising the my fingers map every day encourages your child to develop writing the names and numbers of fingers, reading those names easily builds perfect memory of all numbers, utilising Abacus one to illustrate counting, brings your child into contact with low case letters which they will be coming across more and more, as they advance their own capabilities with your help.

By following physical exercise`s the child’s memory is inbuilt in the same manner that we build our vocabulary purely from listening to our parents speaking. That is the way we can also build our physical abilities by copying what they are showing their own children what to do. This is kinaesthetic learning, realised and utilised by Maria Montessori over one hundred years ago but neglected by all governments, as they ignore the most valuable teaching resource of all,

[/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"]Our natural intelligence soon allows your child to recognise every word on Abacus one, simply by repetitious reading all those numbers your child is building neural pathways that it will read with for the rest of its life.

My advice to parents is not to rush their children into doing everything at once, you can of course go through everything you want your child to learn every day, but you cannot expect your child to perfect all those memories at once, if your child is able to write all the words relating to 10 fingers and the numbers relating to 10 fingers in three months, your child will have achieved a perfect memory of meaning regards the numbers we use.
Most children with parental help should be able to do this before they are four years of age, and with regular help often before they are 3 1/2 years old.

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]Repetitious reading of memorable names regarding numbers is so effective that we should continue the same principles, quite naturally your child is using language to discuss with you the work you are doing together, it is already creating language with the ability of its subconscious mind, working naturally as the servant of the conscious mind, asking you the questions of areas it understands, that it needs to know perfectly but is still not sure of.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]So we have a child developing language naturally, to develop natural language requires fantastic amounts of unrecognisable memory, we can use that memory to develop memories of words in memorable sentences, memorable sentences are quite natural in our language. The whole purpose of reading is to develop our language ability, and to develop the breadth of our ideas, your child is extremely clever, often ideas are picked up very quickly, but we are looking for perfection, and perfection is only built on perfection.

Perfecting our number sense is the first thing we can do for our own children. Perfecting their reading ability just as soon as it is possible is the second thing we can do for our children. So using exciting memorable sentences can develop naturally, my own awareness of natural human intelligence and how it was built up, did not occur in one day, my understanding of human intelligence has slowly developed through reading and considering what our human mind is capable of.

What I have learned, is that we must identify every stage of our own children`s development, and that systematic teaching, based on assisting our own child's natural abilities, is the way forwards in education. To be quite naturally carried out when we know exactly what we need to do, I have personally not tried to rush forwards my ideas, before I considered that they were perfect, quite obviously everything can be improved and once we have many people teaching their own children to count initially, followed by teaching, their own children how to read themselves, we will bring forward many interesting observations which can be included in system one for everyone.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]
The word pedagogy basically meaning a teaching system, is not considered by many on a daily basis or is it recognised by the majority of our populations.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]Quite naturally the more you teach your own child and the more you observe it, you will move towards teaching yourself more about our human abilities.

Children need to read nothing but pleasurable reading material before they are 10 and 11 years of age, repetitious reading of memorable sentences can quite easily begin alongside teaching your own children to count perfectly, but allow your child time to develop naturally.

In my own case using the name repetitious reading of memorable sentences has only just become a byword for myself after years of study, this was written on 19 June 2012,

I watched our educational ministers in Parliament yesterday, and saw one member of Parliament asked the question, why are we restricting our schools to utilising only synthetic phonics to teach our children to read with.

My considered answer to this would be, that if children cannot read before they go to school, how else can teachers approach it systematically, they do not have the opportunity to one-to-one teaching that you will have as parents, this is why I say that only parents can teach their own children to count and read perfectly at the right time,

and the right time is quite obviously as soon as they are able to remember what they are being taught.

In the case of that mathematic memory, the kinaesthetic memory developing from utilising the Abacus, is the memory that I observed before I realised the power of the Abacus. The kinaesthetic memory that was displayed by Chinese children so clearly to me as I watched them count numbers European children would not be able to master at five and six years of age.

I see myself as having the time to develop an all embracing international system of education, but more than just the time I see myself as having the will to fight the injustice that occurs when children are not being taught properly.

This essay is been written today, because it has occurred to me this morning that I need to say more about the interaction between counting and reading, and I need to say it in an understandable form, if I am to get over, to the three wives of our political leaders effectively, just how much value home teaching is, and how important it is to bring the advantage of home teaching into every family in the United Kingdom.

The wives of our political leaders will accept this far quicker than their husbands, I recently saw a picture of Mrs Ed Milburn with two small children pushing a cart with low case letters on blocks, home teaching has ensured that families with wealth and privilege remain families with wealth and privilege.

If we are to survive, on our planet, when we are already beginning to utilise farming areas, to produce green fuels, we are already in great danger of starving millions of people.

I am 72 years of age, my understanding of agriculture and the possibilities within agriculture where naturally installed in me throughout my farming career, but the yields we were achieving when I was 17 years old have been doubled by science, the sowing and harvesting of crops is achieved by mechanisation, way beyond anything we expected to use fifty years ago.

As regards education once we can all count and read effectively, the development of science, in education will become even more important.

All I can say at the moment is that I know how important my work has been to me, but not as important as the results will be for millions of children that stand no chance of reading and counting perfectly without the utilisation of the Abacus and everything else we are learning about our human brains.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="7"]For the moment I rest my case on this letter, part of a parcel of information that I am sending to the wives of our political leaders.

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
John Nicholson ---------------:pcprob: ---------------:pcprob: --------------

:rainy: [SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]This is me trying to nock common sense into political heads

[/COLOR][/SIZE]