Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: “Repetitious reading of memorable sentences”.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[SIZE="3"]“Repetitious reading of memorable sentences”.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]This is a description and title of my home reading training

this is where I am starting this morning Friday, 22 June 2012

I have just finished, laying out my method of teaching every child in the world arithmetic, in a manner I believe any fool could accomplish.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]When I say any fool I am not thinking about the general public, I am thinking about politicians who should make sure that everything they are doing in education is the logical first of all and effective under duress.

[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"] I describe duress has thirty children in the reception class who cannot count properly, and who will have very little reading experience behind them, we have something like 18,000 primary schools in the United Kingdom where we expect something like three quarters of a million children to start their education in September, wouldn't you expect anyone with any control over education whatsoever to investigate Japanese and Chinese counting systems, and the benefits their schools have simply because every family has a history of home use of their national Abacus.

[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]It is over sixteen years I discovered the power of the Abacus to instil natural mathematic formation as a permanent memory by children who had been brought up using an Abacus.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"][B] It had taken me only 10 min watching a programme about children being educated in China to understand just how powerful the Abacus was, Chinese children in Hong Kong were performing better in arithmetic then any children I had ever seen in the United Kingdom.

[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]It thrilled me to see how clever they were, and it will thrill any parent who have the common sense to sit down with my three proactive maps which include an Abacus which every English-speaking child will find simple to use and extremely beneficial to teaching themselves how to read as well.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Most of my friends and acquaintances farmers and businessman cannot understand what I am talking about when I talk about the human brain and the possibilities it has in relation to understanding mathematics clearly and having the ability to read well at five years of age.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Most teachers do not really understand the benefits of arithmetic teaching, where you can easily achieve perfection, using any Abacus on the ability of the child developing their brains and reading ability being activated by simply reading counting words as pictures, quite obviously we have to build up words up from knowledge we have, dificult when we have not seen them before.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]Young children have amazing ability to recognise words as pictures, quite obviously every child should we be taught to chant the numbers one to 10, quite obviously every child should be taught to chant the alphabet, these chanted memories are vital,
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]for any teacher staring 30 children in the face,
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]ensuring that every child in the class can chant these two essential lists of numbers and letters, natural rhythms assist these two chants,
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]prewar schoolteachers made sure by chanting that every child in their classes were able to count to 10 and new every letter of the alphabet.

[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]So it is that chanting is the first step in retaining perfect memory for any child of any age,
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]after they have all proven that they can chant properly.

That chant needs to be linked perfectly with the visual number or letter.

[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]Chanting the alphabet is obviously the first step in learning to read, writing and recognising the letter of the alphabet is the second step of perfection

that every child needs if they are going to be able to read,

[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]the third step in reading is understanding the phonetic sound of the letter, a hand without the h illustrates the phonetic sound of a,

a picture of a beautiful bumblebee can illustrate the second sound of the alphabet,

[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]is it beyond the capability of any parent to teach their own child phonetic sounds of 26 letters,

it certainly should not be,
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="6"]system one 4 every 1 has developed as a necessity simply because we have to have one simple method where even the most badly educated uncaring parent in the world can learn in a couple of hours how they can teach their own child to count perfectly and read easily,

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]I am intending to follow this final address to our government with something written by the most highly intelligent mathematician I have ever met, who utilised the Abacus to teach is own grand children arithmetic.

[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]W E Hagstone Emeritus Professor(Hull) Of Theoretical Physics
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]The Abacus

A Simple Teaching Tool of Immense Power[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]The ABACUS is a superb tool for teaching children the basics of arithmetic. (A further spin-off is that the confidence a child gains from it helps that child also in developing his/her reading skills — as I found whilst using the ABACUS with two of my grandaughters both of whom were dyslexic). It is particularly useful in the form that John Nicholson has developed it — i.e., three columns of plastic counters with ten counters per column. The system is compact, the counters cannot be lost and young children are attracted to it as a playtool.
The simple reason that the ABACUS is so successful as a teaching tool, is that it is a robust, mechanical device which provides children with a concrete realization of all the abstract concepts they meet in arithmetic. In short the child comes ultimately to realize via “playing” with it that all of arithmetic is simply an extended form of counting whether this be for whole numbers (i.e. numbers each of which are usually greater than unity) or for numbers each of which is less than unity (i.e. fractions, decimals and percentages). All of this is attained through the use of the “counters” and “columns” out of which the ABACUS is constructed. The teaching method is breathtakingly simple and the child masters the subject through the brain transferring from the conscious to the unconscious the mechanical procedures associated with sliding “counters” up and down “columns” — i.e. the child develops a mental map. As a result the child moves from “solving” problems in a slow, conscious, mechanical fashion to solving them rapidly in an unconscious fashion — i.e. his/her “mental”arithmetic capabilities rise rapidly and ultimately dominate his/her thinking process because he/she understands exactly the “rules of the game” and why they work. The child also understands exactly what a fraction, a decimal or a percentage means and why you can manipulate them to obtain the solution to any given problem. This depth of understand also means that, in the end, children can teach other children the basics of arithmetic using the ABACUS as the teaching tool.

W.E. Hagston

[/SIZE]