Teach the Brain Forums

Full Version: Children's Writing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great strides have be made in the elementary schools regarding children's writing. Teachers working directly with children on university campuses durning the summer have brought forth some of the best solutions to early writer's cramp...or should I say brain cramp.

These elementary school teachers have made writing special and fun. Children present their writing themselves at special events at Barnes and Noble and other bookstores while proud parents and patrons become the audiences. This setting lends an atmosphere of formality and informality. It is great to see nine year olds presenting their writings to an adult group....it is great to see nine year olds using the microphone to be heard....and it is really great to see writing become active skill.

The active skill is embodied in the true meaning of "experiential learning". I am a true believer in experiential learning and have been most all of my life. Take a close look at the movement in the graduate schools of many of our great Universities and you will see 'experiential learning' manifested in contemporary curriculum.

Children really learn when actually doing.

Be well,
Rob aka segarama